What you need:
- 1 kg white fish fillets, skin removed, chopped coarsely
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (125g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grease 19cm x 30cm rectangle pan.
- Blend or process fish and chives until smooth. Press mixture evenly into pan, then turn onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cut into eight 19cm slices, and then cut each slice in half to make 16 fish fingers.
- Whisk egg whites lightly in medium shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs in another medium shallow bowl. Dip fish fingers into egg white, then in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook fish fingers, in batches, until browned lightly and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve fish fingers whole or chopped into smaller pieces, depending on your child’s eating skills.
The Healthy Mummy. (2020). Healthy Kids Fish Fingers. Retrieved from https://www.healthymummy.com/recipe/healthy-kids-fish-fingers/