Make this year your easiest Christmas ever with these easy recipes.
The kids will love this fun idea for Christmas. Simply melt white chocolate, spread it out on a tray, then decorate with lollies and you have melted snowman bark.
- 290 g white chocolate melts
- 1 packet mini marshmallows
- 1 black icing pen
- 1 packet orange sprinkles
- 1 packet red sour straps
- 1 packet Mars green M&M’s
- Melt white chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Spread on a large tray lined with baking paper. Before the chocolate sets, decorate to create melted snowmen.
- Use halved mini marshmallows dotted with black icing pen for the eyes. Place an orange sprinkle for the nose. Use scissors to cut sour straps to make scarves. Dot the M&M’s on as buttons.
- Allow to set, then cut or break the snowmen into individual pieces.
It’s strawberries and cream, but not as you know it! What could be cuter than a little army of strawberry Santas ready to take along to the work or school Christmas party - delicious AND hilarious!
- 150 ml thickened cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 punnets fresh strawberries
- 1 chocolate icing pen
- Whip cream with the vanilla and sugar until very stiff. Place in a freezer bag, or piping bag and snip off the end.
- Wash strawberries and pat dry with paper towel. Slice the stalk end off, so that the strawberry sits flat. Slice across each strawberry about halfway up.
- Pipe cream onto the cut strawberry and place the ‘hat’ back on. Pipe a little dot of cream onto the top. Use the icing pen to make the eyes.
Festive Cream Cheese Wreath
Feed a crowd this Christmas with this easy cream cheese wreath, perfect to serve at your next party or barbecue.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 150g bacon, finely diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 pickled European cucumbers, finely diced
- Chives, to serve
- Crackers, to serve
- Heat oil in a small frypan. Cook bacon for 4 - 5 minutes until crispy. Drain on a paper towel.
- Wipe out pan, then return to heat. Add walnuts and cook, tossing continuously, until golden. Remove to a board and chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, tasty cheese, bacon, walnuts, cranberries and pickled cucumbers.
- Using a spatula, begin to spread the cream cheese mixture onto a serving plate, shaping into a wreath. Sprinkle with finely diced chives and garnish with extra cranberries.
- Serve with crackers.
Find these recipes and many more at https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/entertaining/galleries/easy-christmas-recipes/a0onkanp