What you need:
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 nori sheets
- The best part about sushi is that you can fill it with whatever you like! We are making a traditional ‘California Roll’ today!
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled and slice with the stone removed
- Place the rice in a large sieve and rinse under cold water, drain.
- Combine the rice and water in a covered saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, for 12 minutes or until water has absorbed. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the mayonnaise and eggs in a bowl using a fork until smooth.
- Combine the cucumber, carrot and hoisin sauce in a bowl.
- Place 1 nori sheet, shiny-side down, on a sushi mat. Use wet hands to spread one-quarter of the rice over the nori sheet, leaving a 2cm border at 1 short end.
- Spread one-quarter of the egg mixture over the rice. Top with one-quarter of the cucumber mixture. Top with avocado slices. Roll sushi mat up firmly to enclose the filling. Repeat to make 3 more rolls.
- Cut the sushi rolls into 1.5cm slices and serve!
Sushi – California Rolls
Elliot, D. (2020). Sushi – California Rolls. Retrieved from https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/california-rolls/57b62429-93d7-41cb-8de6-12f78a77c591