- 125g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup 100’s and 1000’s
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, vanilla and sugar until pale and creamy. Beat in chocolate and egg until smooth.
- Sift flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda over the butter mixture. Stir to form a soft dough. Cover. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture firms slightly.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll rounded tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place 5cm apart on prepared trays. Flatten slightly. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the choc-top coating. place all ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on Medium (50%), stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- Place 100’s and 1000’s in a small bowl. Dip the top of each biscuit in choc-top coating, allowing excess to drain. Press into 100’s and 1000’s to coat. Return to wire rack. Stand cookies for 30 minutes or until set then serve.
Recipe Source: https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipes/choc-top-freckle-cookies-recipe/nvwjtqtr?r=budget&c=xuqxw1wy/Budget%20club&h=budget