What you need:
- 3 apples, cored and diced (peeled or not, depending on your baby’s preference and age)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened and un-sulphated raisins
- 2 tbsp quinoa flakes (or whole cooked quinoa if your baby is into chunkier textures)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- dash of ginger (optional)
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Steam apples and raisins together in a steam basket on the stovetop for 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
- Reserve water and combine apples, raisins, quinoa flakes and spices with 1 tbsp of reserved water in food processor and process until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add more of the reserved water to thin the puree as desired.
Kidfooduniverse.com (2020). Baby’s super quinoa recipe. Retrieved from http://www.kidsfooduniverse.com/archives/organic-bkg-b-smoothie-9m