Ready for the party?! You’ve planned the party games, ordered the cake and now you’re faced with the loot bags – but ugh, more sugar?
Relax, here are 20 clever and fun alternatives to a traditional party loot bag.
Whether you’re hosting a cool birthday party at home or at a venue or park, kids expect a loot bag and what birthday party isn’t complete without sending the guests home with a thank you surprise!
- Mini puzzles, so much fun and an excellent brain workout.
- Mini play doh-tubs and a cookie-cutter – tie them together with a ribbon. TIP: Buy a bulk kit for better value for money.
- A decorated cookie. Sweet – AND NOT A LOLLY.
- Kinetic Sand – individual pots or bags of course. These are just $2 each at Target.
- Pencils and notebook for the busy doodlers.
- A pinata filled with little toys (figurines, pencils, erasers etc) – everyone gets to fill a cup to take home.
- A book – a good read guaranteed!
- Bubble wands, classic choice. AND CHEAP, Bubble Wands are just 40 CENTS each at BigW!
- Temporary tattoos or stickers. Great for kids who love to STICK STUFF to all of the things. Maybe throw a notebook in if the budget allows.
- A pot and seeds or little seedling kit. This Mr. Fothergill’s Little Gardeners Butterfly Garden Kit is just $6.16 at Bunnings.
- Glow sticks for a sleepover party! Get your dance groove on with glow sticks attached!
- Frisbee (or Kmart do cool Flying Rings for just $2!). Outside you go, kids!
- A bouncy ball. FUN FOR EVERYONE, just maybe not inside.
- Colouring in books or colouring roll. All of these colouring books, just $2 at Target.
- Pretty hair bows. Can never go wrong with accessories, folks.
- Kids lip gloss. These sweet lip glosses are $3 each at Kmart!
- Glue sticks and glitter (insert evil laughter here). The kids will LOVE IT.
- Skipping rope. Kmart Light Up Jump Rope, $3! Brilliant!
- Plaster paint packs. Again, buy these in big kits and let the kids decorate them at the party, then wrap them up to take home.
- Hot Wheels cars, perfect for pint-size petrol rev-heads.
- A lucky dip of all the above!
So there you have it. How did you go? There are SO many awesome alternatives to fill a party loot bag that don’t include sugar! All perfect for any party theme and budget, you just have to think outside the box!